Sunday 17 July 2011

Do you speak...?

A rainy Saturday night here in Vancouver following a cold, wet day. Summer has all but disappeared this past week and I think our garden is worse for the wear. We've been burrowing in the house eating homemade popcorn and watching the original Winnie the Pooh on VHS. Yes, you read that correctly! We are planning on seeing the new film in a few days and if the number of times my children have watched the trailer alone is any indication - we are excited! I'm eager to see an onscreen departure from CGI in favour of the "old" style of animation. Most of all, I am looking forward to being swept away to an imaginary world I visited so often in my youth.

I have been occupied this week by a variety of goings on. In the past few days I have carried out many changes to the website, namely updates, drop down menus with galleries for each item in the Shop section... HTML, CSS - and me. I'm learning quite a bit as I go along and if I honestly had more time to devote to quiet study, I think it could get very interesting. I was not the greatest fan of computer programming when I had to learn it years ago, and now I think I honestly wouldn't mind it. While I still prefer woodland sprites to computer-based ones, I must admit that it's all part of a necessary and fruitful process in growing this business.

The other bit of very important news (for all my francophones out there!) is that I am currently working on a French version of the website.  I am actually, by profession, a writer and a translator, so this type of work is right up my street.  I know that I often divulge very little in terms of the biographical aspect of Niko & Nonnie, but I suppose that you already have a somewhat clear picture of the brand. Where are we headed precisely? I sincerely hope in a very exciting direction!

En tout cas, on vous tient au courant!


I've also saved the very best bit for last! Niko & Nonnie is offering a contest giveaway! I didn't require much to enter the last contest, so I thought I'd have a bit of fun with it and actually ask my readers to answer a question in order to enter.

Needle felted BIRTHDAY CUPCAKE



One lucky winner will win a needle felted BIRTHDAY CUPCAKE - *new* from Niko & Nonnie. For all the details on how to enter, please visit N&N on the web at http://www.nikoandnonnie.com
The drawing will be held on August 31st and the winner will be announced on the website (and via other social media avenues, too!) Good luck to all our participants!

I bid you all - Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment